Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: Take It or Leave It

I have to decide what to take into 2011 and what to leave behind. If I don’t decide, I’ll just drag everything into 2011. Bad plan. Growth requires change, and change happens by decision. No decision = no change = no growth. God wants growth; so do I. Therefore, decisions are necessary.


In 2011 I will:

Leave: vague feelings of not measuring up

Take: clear statements of what matters most and what to do about it


Leave: waiting for the perfect words before writing anything on this blog

Take: write plainly and simply about what matters on this blog


Leave: over-qualifying/over-explaining what I’m saying, or not saying, lest anyone misunderstand what I’m saying or not saying… and taking forever to say… things

Take: clear thoughts, in the moment, plainly spoken


Leave: seeing life as a classroom/laboratory for understanding how it all works (academic)

Take: seeing life as my journey I share with others, learning as we go (expedition)


In 2011, my hope and prayer is that the Body of Christ worldwide will:

Leave: being the “sin police” for the world around us

Take: living out our faith as our #1 priority to the world around us


Leave: pouring time, energy and money into petty self-promotion of a person/group/entity

Take: living out the life and message of Jesus to each other, and to the world around us, period


Leave: looking for a greater “market share” of those who already profess to follow Jesus

Take: simply following Jesus as the salt of the earth and the light of the world, intentionally being among “the world”


What will you take and what will you leave?

- Steve

2 comments:

  1. thanx for sharing. good insights & good food for tho't

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ in you the hope of Glory.
    I am crucified with Christ, it is no longer I that live, but Christ lives in me and I live by the Faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
    Discovering this Christ and letting HIM LIVE HIS LIFE and make HIS HOME in my heart as I let HIS Word dwell in me. HIS Word giving me understanding that I might KNOW HIM when I see you and speak to you getting to KNOW HIM. If you have seen me then you have seen the Father and if you have seen the Father you have seen me. I'm looking to see Christ in you! When we are anticipating we have expectation of receiving oh, what a Christ have we!

    ReplyDelete